Central Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 18 May 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind south 25 knots diminishing to south 15 late this evening then veering to west 15 late overnight. Wind west 15 Wednesday.
Flurries overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 10 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 18 May 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 5802N 5929W to 5904N 5848W to 6113N
6038W to 6312N 5752W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice
6 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Brevoort - northern halfIssued 5:00 PM EDT 18 May 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EST 21 December 2020 Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Atlantic - Labrador Area
- Belle Isle Bank
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Labrador Sea
- Funk Island Bank
- Lake Melville
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Northeast Coast
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Resolution - eastern half
- South Labrador Coast
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - eastern half
- Strait of Belle Isle - western half
- Ungava - eastern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: