Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 19 January 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 20 to 30 knots backing to northwest 15 to 25 early this evening except west 35 near the mouth of the Saguenay River overnight and Monday morning. Wind becoming westerly 15 to 25 late Monday morning.
Periods of snow this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
8 tenths new ice including a trace of grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey ice including 2 tenths brash ice along the southern
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 3:00 PM EST 19 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 19 January 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 993 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Monday departing low 992 mb located over eastern
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located from the Great Lakes to
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: