Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
Issued 03:00 PM EST 18 February 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southerly 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming west 25 to 35 early Wednesday morning except west 40 near the mouth of the Saguenay River Wednesday morning and west 45 near the mouth of the Saguenay River Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Snow changing to flurries Wednesday morning and ending near noon Wednesday. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 5 rising to plus 1 Wednesday morning then falling to minus 16 Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
2 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths
grey-white ice in the southwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Tadoussac to Pointe à MichelIssued 10:37 PM EST 18 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 18 February 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 1003 mb located over northern Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 986 mb located off Newfoundland.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: