Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 14 December 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots becoming southwest 15 near midnight then increasing to west 15 to 25 near noon Saturday.
Periods of snow beginning late this afternoon and ending early Saturday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 14 December 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4615N 6115W to 4705N
6400W to 4850N 6350W to 4925N 6515W to 4935N 6640W to 4955N 6605W to
4845N 6155W to 5115N 5740W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W. Sea ice
west and north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4745N 6130W to 4715N 6215W to 4705N
6155W to 4735N 6110W to 4745N 6130W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
7 tenths new ice except 9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey ice
along the southern coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 14 December 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located on a line north-south over
By 1:00 p.m. EST Saturday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: