Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
Issued 03:00 PM EST 01 March 2021
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except southeast 35 near the south shore. Wind becoming west 30 to 40 early this evening. Wind west 30 to 40 Tuesday.
Rain or snow becoming snow this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Tuesday.
Low tonight minus 15. High Tuesday minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 March 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4702N 6024W to 4801N 6117W
to 4801N 6258W to 4915N 6100W to 5003N 5814W to Newfoundland near
4833N 5912W. Sea ice southwest then north then east of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-MontsIssued 5:07 PM EST 01 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 1 March 2021 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today departing ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 991 mb located north of Tadoussac.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 968 mb located over the Gulf of
At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
western Lake Superior.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: