Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 08:14 AM EST 18 January 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 this evening and to light after midnight. Wind increasing to east 10 to 20 early Sunday morning then backing to northeast 15 to 25 Sunday evening.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Temperatures minus 19 rising to minus 10 Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 18 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1008 mb located southwest of the
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday dissipating low 1002 mb located south
At 1:00 a.m. EST Sunday low 1006 mb located near Cape Cod.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 994 mb located near Cape Breton Island.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: