Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 20 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 early this evening and to light Tuesday evening.
Flurries ending near midnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 15.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5035N 5750W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 20 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 20 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located from Lake Ontario to Anticosti
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south over
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: