Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 29 January 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 10 to 15 knots becoming light early this morning then increasing to northeast 15 to 25 late this morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 to 35 late this afternoon then becoming northerly 20 to 30 near midnight. Wind becoming west 25 to 35 Sunday morning.
Snow this afternoon tonight and Sunday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 19 rising to minus 10 overnight.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 28 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4818N 6122W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 04:01 AM EST 29 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 29 January 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located from Labrador to Lake Huron.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Sunday dissipating ridge located from Ungava Bay
to Lake Ontario.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today intensifying low 992 mb located east of
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 959 mb located over Labrador Sea.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: