Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 23 January 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 near midnight and to light Friday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 11 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4525N 6415W to Nova
Scotia near 4515N 6400W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N
6245W to 4555N 5920W to 4845N 6135W to 4955N 5820W to 4750N 5950W to
4725N 5915W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5510W. Sea ice west then east
then north of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice except 9 tenths grey
ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice in southern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 23 January 2020 Tonight and Friday At 3:00 p.m. EST today trough located from Labrador Sea to
By 7:00 a.m. EST Friday departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Newfoundland.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today high 1031 mb located over northern Ontario.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Friday high 1036 mb located over the Gaspe
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: