Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 01 December 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 25 to 35 knots diminishing to easterly 15 to 25 this morning then veering to southerly 10 to 20 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain and fog banks. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain and 1 mile or less in fog banks.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 30 November 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6645W to 4845N 6200W to
5015N 5915W to Quebec near 5045N 5900W. Sea ice north of the ice
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 05:07 AM EST 01 December 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 1 December 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 994 mb located south of Montréal.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 1004 mb located near James Bay.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: