Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 27 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to westerly 10 to 15 near noon then to south 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind south 15 to 20 Friday.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to minus 1 Friday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6245W to 4745N 6230W to
4945N 5900W to 4725N 5945W to Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice
west then south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice along the
Prince Edward Island coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 26 January 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Georges Bank to
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday approaching cold front located from Maine
to the Quebec Lower North Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM AST 27 January 2022 A trough will move into the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight into
Thursday. This will give strong to possibly gale force
southwesterlies for the northern gulf.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Lurcher, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Cabot Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: