Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 near noon then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northerly 10 to 15 Tuesday morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 June 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1006 mb located over the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 992 mb located over Banquereau.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 990 mb located east of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM ADT 25 June 2018 A low pressure system over the Gulf of Maine will track eastward
today reaching Banquereau after midnight. The disturbance will then
stall and intensify before tracking northeastward away from the
district Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds
will develop north of the low while strong to gale force
northwesterlies are expected behind it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait - eastern half
and Gulf-Magdalen - southeastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: