Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 this morning and to southeast 20 to 25 near noon. Wind veering to south 15 to 20 early this evening then increasing to south 20 to 25 overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Tuesday afternoon then becoming variable 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers today and tonight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 26 September 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over eastern Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM ADT 26 September 2022 A trough of low pressure approaching from the west will make its
Way across the marine district tonight to lie over Anticosti Island
Monday evening. Moderate to strong southerlies ahead of the trough
will become strong to gale force southwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, west scotia slope and East Scotian Slope.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: