Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 20 November 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 this morning then increasing to northeast 15 to 20 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 20 to 25 early this evening then backing to north 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 November 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 20 November 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. AST today intensifying low 1002 mb located south of
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday low 990 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday low 990 mb located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM AST 20 November 2019 A low pressure system southwest of the marine district will move
northeastward to lie over the slope waters later today and over
Banquereau by Thursday afternoon. Strong to gale force northeasterly
winds ahead of the low will shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian
Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, and Cabot Strait -
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: