Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 08 December 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeast 15 knots becoming variable 10 to 15 early this afternoon then increasing to northwest 25 early this evening. Wind veering to north 20 to 25 near noon Friday.
Rain and fog patches ending this evening. Flurries or showers Friday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Grand Banks.
At 10:00 a.m. AST today trough located over the Bay of Fundy
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:43 AM AST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over western waters this morning will slowly
track eastward to lie over the central marine district by this
evening then stall into Friday morning. During the day Friday the
trough will begin to rotate southwestward. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies ahead of the trough today will become strong
northerlies in its wake. On Friday gale force northerlies will
develop over much of the central and southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half
and Anticosti - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: