Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 April 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 knots becoming southwest 15 to 20 early Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 April 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4545N 6005W to 4550N
5850W to 4840N 6115W to 5010N 5845W to 4755N 5940W to 4650N 5840W to
Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Open water except 6 tenths first-year ice northwest of Cape
Tormentine and along parts of the New Brunswick coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 April 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 April 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located south of Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located south of the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located over northern Labrador.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Wednesday departing low located over Labrador Sea.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday approaching low located southwest of
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: