Issued 03:30 PM AST 13 December 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind west 15 knots increasing to west 20 to 25 early Friday morning then backing to southwest 25 Friday evening.
Flurries or showers beginning Friday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Low tonight minus 5. High Friday plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:10 AM EST 13 December 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4615N 6115W to 4705N
6400W to 4850N 6350W to 4925N 6515W to 4935N 6640W to 4955N 6605W to
4845N 6155W to 5115N 5740W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W. Sea ice
west and north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4745N 6130W to 4715N 6215W to 4705N
6155W to 4735N 6110W to 4745N 6130W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
Ice free except 7 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey ice along
parts of the coasts.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 13 December 2018 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Friday ridge located south of the Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Friday approaching trough located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 PM AST 13 December 2018 No warnings are currently in effect.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: