Issued 03:00 AM ADT 23 September 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to westerly 20 to 25 this morning then veering to northwest 25 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 Monday morning.
A few showers beginning this afternoon and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 23 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 23 September 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:39 AM ADT 23 September 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: