Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 08 May 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light becoming easterly 15 knots this afternoon then backing to northerly 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to northwesterly 15 to 20 Sunday morning.
Periods of rain tonight and Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 8 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 998 mb located southwest
of Georges Bank.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 982 mb located over West Scotian Slope.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 984 mb located over Cape Breton Island.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 986 mb located north of Cabot Strait.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday departing low 993 mb located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 AM ADT 8 May 2021 A low pressure system will deepen as it approaches Georges Bank this
morning. The low will then move to lie over Cabot Strait overnight
into Sunday morning and will then move into Newfoundland and out of
the marine district. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds ahead
of the low will increase to gale to storm force west to
northwesterlies south and west of the low. Winds will gradually
diminish through Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope, Sable, East Scotian Slope and
Fourchu. Gale warnings are in effect for all remaining waters except
Fundy, Chaleur - Miscou - western half and Anticosti - western half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: