Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 10:00 AM AST 05 February 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light this afternoon then becoming north 15 Monday evening.
Periods of snow tonight and Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 18 rising to minus 5 Monday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4352N 6447W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice along the coast
in the southeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Monday approaching low 996 mb located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM AST 5 February 2023 A trough approaching from Quebec will move to lie over Newfoundland
by Monday morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies are expected
ahead of the trough. Late on Monday a low approaching from the
southwest will bring gale to possibly storm force northeasterlies to
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait and
Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern shore, Sable,
East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau - northern half, Cabot
Strait, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: