Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 22 March 2018
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 this afternoon with gusts to 35 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northerly 15 late overnight and to light Friday evening.
Periods of snow beginning this afternoon and ending late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
4 tenths new ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice along the New Brunswick coast east of
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 987 mb located near Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 989 mb located over Eastern Shore.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today warm front from low located from Georges
Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday warm front from low located from Eastern
Shore to the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:47 AM ADT 22 March 2018 A warm front associated with an approaching low pressure system will
track northward today. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north
of the front will spread to most of the district today and will shift
to strong to gale force southwesterly winds south of it.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except for the western half of Chaleur-Miscou and the
northwestern half of Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: