Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 September 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots diminishing to south 10 to 15 after midnight then increasing to south 25 to 30 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Showers Wednesday. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - western halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 29 September 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday intensifying low 992 mb located over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday low 976 mb located over western Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:12 PM ADT 29 September 2020 A low pressure system will continue to develop over the Southeastern
United States tonight and will move northeastward to lie over New
England on Wednesday morning. The low will intensify as it tracks
over Western Labrador by Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force
winds are expected over westernmost waters late in the day on
Wednesday and will spread eastward Wednesday night.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank and Gulf - Magdalen.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: