Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 10 December 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 15 knots diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 10 December 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located south of the
At 3:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary high 1050 mb located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:59 AM AST 10 December 2022 A trough of low pressure sits south of the marine district this
morning, bringing gale force northeasterlies to portions of the
southern marine district. Winds will diminish throughout the day as
the trough continues to move south. A ridge of high pressure over
Quebec is enhancing a northerly flow over the Gulf of St. Lawrence,
bringing gale force winds this morning. This will begin to weaken by
this afternoon as the aforementioned trough pulls away, weakening the
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Northumberland Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen, and Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Gulf-Magdalen,
Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: