Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 21 March 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeasterly 20 Thursday morning and to northeast 25 Thursday afternoon and locally gusts to 35 along the coast.
Periods of snow beginning Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
4 tenths new ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice along the New
Brunswick coast east of Bathurst.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 21 March 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 993 mb located south of Long Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 991 mb located southwest of Georges
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located south of
the Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located from Georges
Bank to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:53 PM ADT 21 March 2018 A warm front associated with an approaching low pressure system will
move into the southern marine district tonight before tracking
northward on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north
of the front will spread to most of the district by Thursday morning
and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half, and Anticosti
- northwestern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: