Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 17 February 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind westerly 20 knots with gusts to 30 along the coast. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 near midnight and to light Tuesday morning. Wind increasing to southerly 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon then backing to southeast 20 Tuesday evening.
Flurries ending near midnight. Snow Tuesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Low tonight minus 18. High Tuesday minus 9.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 February 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4535N 5945W to 4540N 5815W to 4730N 5955W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 February 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located over the eastern
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over Laurentian Fan.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Tuesday approaching trough located over New
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:08 PM AST 17 February 2020 A departing trough over the eastern marine district will move to lie
east of the region this evening. On Tuesday a ridge will cross the
district to lie over easternmost waters Tuesday evening. Strong to
possibly gale force northwesterlies will develop ahead of the ridge
over northern and eastern waters.
Meanwhile a second trough will approach from the west to lie over New
England Tuesday evening. Winds between the ridge and this trough will
increase to strong to gale force southeasterlies over westernmost
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, georges banks, LaHave Bank, and
West Scotian Slope. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern
shore - eastern half, Sable - eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: