Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 30 March 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Wind southeasterly 20 knots increasing to westerly 30 this evening then diminishing to northwest 20 Friday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 15 Friday afternoon and to light Friday evening.
Periods of snow tonight and Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray overnight and Friday morning.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
Open water except 1 tenth first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Freezing spray warning in effect
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 30 March 2023 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New Brunswick
then to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across the marine district from
west to east tonight. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of the
trough will increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight or
Friday morning. These gales will begin to diminish Friday afternoon
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Chaleur-Miscou - western
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Northumberland Strait - western half and
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: