Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 06 July 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 knots near noon and to northerly 35 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 this evening and to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Thursday morning.
Periods of rain ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 06 July 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 6 July 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 1005 mb located over Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 998 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday departing low 1000 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday approaching ridge located over the
western Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM ADT 6 July 2022 An area of low pressure will move eastward across the marine district
today and exit the marine district on Thursday. Strong southerly
winds ahead of the low will become strong to gale force northerlies
in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen
and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: