Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 22 March 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots diminishing to northerly 25 to 30 late overnight. Wind northerly 25 to 30 Friday.
Snow at times heavy changing to flurries late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth first-year ice except 8 tenths
first-year ice in the central and southern sections.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 22 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 22 March 2018 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 989 mb located near LaHave Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 991 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today warm front from low located from LaHave
Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday warm front from low located from Cabot
Strait to the Avalon Peninsula.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:23 PM ADT 22 March 2018 A low pressure system near LaHave Bank at forecast time will slowly
move northeast to lie over Cabot Strait Friday morning before moving
off across Newfoundland later on Friday. Over northern waters east to
northeast gales will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies on
Friday. Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies
will diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except eastern shore, Fourchu, the western half of
Chaleur-Miscou, and the northwestern half of Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: