Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 22 August 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southerly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind southwest 10 to 15 Friday.
Showers ending overnight with a risk of thunderstorms.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 22 August 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1010 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 1007 mb located over Banquereau.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary trough located over the
Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from New Brunswick to
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:56 AM ADT 22 August 2019 A low pressure system developing off the East Coast of the United
States will track across the slope waters tonight to lie over
Southern Banquereau Friday morning. Winds are forecast to increase to
strong to gale force southwesterlies near this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings have been issued for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
At midnight tonight, tropical depression Chantal was located
Near 39.4 north 47.4 west. Maximum sustained winds were 30 knots.
Chantal was moving east-southeast at about 16 knots, with a central
pressure of 1010 MB.
Chantal is not expected to pose a threat to the marine district.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: