Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwesterly 10 to 15 knots veering to northeast 15 this afternoon then increasing to northeast 20 to 25 this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 35 near noon Thursday.
Snow beginning Thursday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
2 tenths new ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the central and
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 992 mb located south of Long Island.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 991 mb located southwest of Georges
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today warm front from low located southwest of
the Marine District.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday warm front from low located on a line
northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing ridge located over the
northeastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:48 AM ADT 21 March 2018 A warm front associated with an approaching low pressure system will
move into the southern marine district today before tracking
northward on Thursday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds north
of the trough will spread to most of the district by Thursday morning
and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Chaleur-Miscou - western half, and Anticosti
- northwestern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: