Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 May 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 to 20 knots this evening then veering to southwest 20 to 25 early Friday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Friday afternoon.
Showers beginning this evening. Fog patches forming near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 May 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5010N 6010W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5700W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 24 May 2018 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Maritimes.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday ridge located southeast of the Marine
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over western Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough from low located over New Brunswick
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM ADT 24 May 2018 A trough of low pressure will push down from the north tonight.
Increasing southwesterly winds will reach strong to gale force over
southern waters on Friday ahead of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: