Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 25 February 2024
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to west 20 this morning then backing to southwesterly 15 this afternoon. Wind southwesterly 15 tonight and Monday.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray ending this afternoon.
Temperatures minus 12 rising to zero Monday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2024 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4509N 6448W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4558N 5948W to 4615N
5923W to 4647N 5935W to 4812N 6133W to 4922N 6022W to 4942N 5853W to
4816N 5942W to 4725N 5928W to Newfoundland near 4707N 5547W. Sea ice
southwest then north of the ice edge.
8 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 tenths
grey-white ice in the extreme southeastern section. Consolidated
grey-white ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 03:00 AM AST 25 February 2024
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 25 February 2024 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located on a line
north-south over the southwestern Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the southern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM AST 25 February 2024 Strong west to northwesterlies over the district in the wake of a
trough of low pressure will gradually diminish today.
Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for southwestern shore, eastern
shore, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: