Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 26 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to northerly 15 to 20 knots Tuesday morning then diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers beginning overnight and ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 26 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1012 mb located south of West Scotian
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight deepening low 1006 mb located over eastern
East Scotian Slope.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 998 mb located east of Cape Breton
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line east-west over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located east of Newfoundland.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM ADT 26 August 2019 A low pressure system south of the slope waters this morning will
begin to intensify and move slowly northward reaching East Scotian
Slope this afternoon and then the Cabot Strait by Tuesday afternoon.
Ahead of this system, strong to gale force easterly winds will
develop today over most southern and eastern waters, followed by
strong to gale force northwest or westerly winds in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland
Strait - eastern half and Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: