Issued 03:00 AM AST 23 January 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 20 near noon then diminishing to southwest 15 early this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then becoming easterly 15 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 January 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton Island near 4650N 6020W to 4710N
6015W to 4840N 6150W to 5000N 5820W to 4750N 5950W to 4725N 5920W to
Newfoundland near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice west then east then north of
the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 23 January 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to Georges
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over the southern Marine
At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located over southern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday weakening trough located over the central
At 3:30 p.m. AST Friday building high located over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:49 AM AST 23 January 2020 Strong winds and cold air will combine to give freezing spray to some
Gulf waters this morning and again on Friday.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: