Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northeasterly 15 knots tonight and Saturday.
Temperatures minus 7 rising to minus 1 Saturday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 January 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4700N 6330W to 4830N 6315W to 4845N 6130W to
5000N 5830W to 4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice
south then west then northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to
Nova Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight building ridge located over southern
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. AST Saturday intensifying low 1006 mb located
southwest of the Marine District.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Sunday intensifying low 981 mb located east of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:48 PM AST 21 January 2022 A deepening low will track southeast of the marine district Saturday.
North of the low, strong to gale force north easterlies will develop
Saturday afternoon over southern slope waters into Laurentian Fan.
Marine interest are advised that gale warnings are in effect for East
Scotian Slope - southern half and Laurentian Fan - southern half.
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Anticosti - southern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: