Issued 03:00 AM AST 04 December 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northeast 25 knots backing to north 20 this afternoon then diminishing to northerly 15 this evening. Wind northerly 15 Tuesday.
Rain or snow changing to showers or flurries this afternoon and ending Tuesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5003N 6644W to 4959N 6144W to
5001N 5952W to 5125N 5737W to Quebec near 5125N 5737W. Sea ice north
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 4 December 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 998 mb located over West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday departing low 980 mb located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:50 AM AST 4 December 2023 A low pressure system over West Scotian Slope will traverse across
the southern marine district today and the Grand Banks tonight.
Strong to gale force easterlies ahead of the low will shift to strong
to gale force westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
East Scotian Slope and Laurentian Fan.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Prescott to Cornwall
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: