Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to northeast 15 to 20 Saturday morning and to northeast 25 Saturday evening.
A few flurries ending near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4530N 5810W to 4650N 5725W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 991 mb located over Cabot Strait.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 995 mb located northeast
of the Marine District.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:52 AM ADT 23 March 2018 A low pressure system over the Cabot Strait will move northeastward
away from the district today. Strong to gale force northeasterlies
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will diminish to strong northerlies
today, then increase again to strong to gale force northeasterlies on
Saturday as a ridge of high pressure builds over Labrador.
Over southern waters strong to gale force southwesterlies will
diminish to moderate to strong westerlies later today.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Sable, East Scotian Slope, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Gulf-Magdalen,
and Anticosti-southeastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: