Issued 08:00 PM AST 08 December 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 30 knots increasing to north 35 Friday morning then veering to northeast 35 Friday evening.
Rain Friday late in the day.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM AST 08 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 8 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over West Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:37 PM AST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over the central marine district will stall
tonight. During the day Friday the trough will begin to rotate
southwestward. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
trough today will become strong northerlies in its wake. On Friday
gale force northerlies will develop over much of the central and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Gulf-Magdalen - western
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: