Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 March 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 near midnight then veering to northwest 15 to 20 Monday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2019 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6525W to Nova
Scotia near 4500N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4450N 6225W to 4450N
6210W to 4510N 6100W to 4605N 5925W to 4605N 5735W to Newfoundland
near 4730N 5605W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2019 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Strait of Belle
Isle to Maine.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located from Newfoundland to
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching ridge located over Ontario.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:59 PM ADT 24 March 2019 A trough of low pressure over the Gulf of St. Lawrence will move
southward across the central marine district tonight, then drift
eastward on Monday. Behind the trough, gale force westerlies over
northern waters will diminish tonight. Colder air will move into the
northern marine district and push southward.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Cabot Strait - northern
half, Gulf-Magdalen - northern half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: