Issued 08:00 PM ADT 29 March 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 25 knots increasing to easterly 35 late overnight. Wind easterly 35 Monday.
Periods of rain and fog patches tonight and Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 March 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 March 2020 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday ridge located from Labrador to Sable Island.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight approaching low 1006 mb located southwest
of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 8:03 PM ADT 29 March 2020 A low pressure system will approach the district from the southwest
tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterly winds are expected over
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank and Georges Bank - northern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: