Issued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 early this morning then becoming westerly 20 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 15 Monday morning then backing to southwest 15 Monday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending this afternoon with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 26 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 26 September 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over New England.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located from New Brunswick to West
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located from the Gulf of St. Lawrence
to Laurentian Fan.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday trough located east of the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM ADT 26 September 2021 A trough of low pressure over New England will move eastward today
and tonight to lie east of the district on Monday. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies ahead of the trough will veer to strong
westerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern
half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: