Issued 03:30 PM AST 17 November 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwesterly 25 knots backing to westerly 20 early this evening then veering to northwest 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 November 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4640N 6445W to
4645N 6440W to New Brunswick near 4735N 6450W. Sea ice west of the
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4740N 6535W to
4755N 6540W to 4805N 6610W to Quebec near 4805N 6545W. Sea ice west
of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Quebec near 4855N 6715W to 4900N 6735W
to Quebec near 4920N 6725W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 17 November 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 978 mb located east of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing low 976 mb located northeast
of the Grand Banks.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM AST 17 November 2018 A low pressure system east of Newfoundland will continue to move
eastward tonight. Gale force westerlies in the south and eastern
marine district will gradually diminish by this evening.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan and Cabot Strait.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: