Issued 03:30 PM AST 27 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 20 knots veering to northwest 15 to 20 after midnight. Wind northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday.
Showers beginning near midnight changing to flurries Tuesday morning.
Temperatures plus 5 falling to minus 1 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 4945N
5810W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 27 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today low 991 mb located near Chaleur Bay.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 994 mb located near
At 3:30 p.m. AST Tuesday departing trough located over Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:22 PM AST 27 January 2020 An area of low pressure near the Bay of Chaleur will move slowly
southeastward across the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight, then weaken to
a trough by Tuesday afternoon.
Over northern waters, winds will increase to strong to gale force
northeasterlies to the north and west of the low today, then
gradually diminish late in the day on Tuesday as it moves off.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Northumberland Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - western half,
Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: