Issued 08:00 PM AST 21 February 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to northwest 25 near midnight then diminishing to north 15 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Showers ending after midnight. Flurries beginning early Thursday evening. Fog banks dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 21 February 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to Nova
Scotia near 4505N 6500W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6330W to 4500N
6130W to 4530N 5720W to 4725N 5730W to Newfoundland near 4705N
5555W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 21 February 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight cold front located over New Brunswick.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday departing cold front located south of
At 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday high 1043 mb located near the Great Lakes.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday high 1042 mb located over southern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:40 PM AST 21 February 2018 A cold front over New Brunswick will track southeastward across the
marine district tonight and will lie south of Laurentian Fan by
Thursday morning. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are expected
behind the front. In addition over northern and eastern waters the
northwesterlies will combine with cold temperatures to give freezing
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for eastern
shore-eastern half, Sable-eastern half, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot
Strait and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: