Issued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to westerly 15 knots this afternoon and to northerly 20 this evening. Wind diminishing to northerly 15 late overnight then becoming variable 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 15 Thursday evening.
Showers ending this evening. Fog dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 May 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5015N 6015W to 5000N 6000W to
5100N 5815W to Newfoundland near 5050N 5705W. Sea ice north of the
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 23 May 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Maine to Cabot Strait.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today weakening trough located over Newfoundland.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 1011 mb located near
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 994 mb located northeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:54 AM ADT 23 May 2018 An intensifying low pressure system near the Gulf of Maine will move
to lie over Banquereau this evening then will move northeast of
Newfoundland Thursday morning. Strong southerlies ahead of the low
will increase to gale force over eastern waters, followed by strong
to possibly gale force northerlies.
Marine interest are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: