Issued 08:00 PM ADT 02 April 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 knots increasing to northeast 35 to 45 near midnight then becoming northeast 35 Friday morning.
Periods of rain ending Friday morning. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6010W to 4545N 5900W
to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 02 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 2 April 2020 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 973 mb located over western West
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low 976 mb located west of Georges Bank.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Friday low 986 mb located southwest of Georges
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday departing low 990 mb located southwest of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:39 PM ADT 2 April 2020 A low pressure system will continue to track slowly westward into
Georges Bank tonight then southwestward away from the district later
on Friday. Gale to near storm force northeasterlies will continue
over the southern marine district overnight while strong to gale
force northeasterlies will persist elsewhere. Winds will gradually
diminish late Friday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northumberland Strait, Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti
- northwestern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: