Issued 10:00 AM ADT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots veering to west 20 late overnight then to northwest 15 to 20 Wednesday morning. Wind backing to west 15 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today dissipating trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the eastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 988 mb located over Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 992 mb located west of Anticosti
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:08 AM ADT 17 May 2022 Gale force east to southeasterly winds will develop this afternoon
over some northern waters ahead of an intensifying low over Quebec.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: