Issued 03:00 AM ADT 24 September 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots veering to northeast 25 early this morning then diminishing to northeast 15 to 20 this afternoon. Wind becoming easterly 15 near midnight then increasing to southeast 20 Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 03:00 AM ADT 24 September 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 24 September 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from the Avalon Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing trough located east of the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today high 1037 mb located over southern Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday high 1041 mb located near Cape Breton
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:57 AM ADT 24 September 2018 Tropical cyclone information: as of midnight ADT subtropical storm
Leslie was located in the central Atlantic near 33.3 north 48.5 west.
Leslie has maximum sustained winds of 35 knots and is currently
moving toward the southwest at 4 knots. Leslie is not expected to
have any impact on Canadian territory.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: