Issued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 25 to 35 knots becoming northeast 25 near midnight. Wind northeast 25 Tuesday.
Showers becoming flurries or showers this afternoon and ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from Anticosti Island to
East Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday dissipating ridge located over the Gulf
of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1007 mb located southeast of Cape Cod.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:13 AM ADT 30 March 2020 A low pressure system southeast of Cape Cod will move to lie
South of East Scotian Slope by Tuesday evening. Strong to
Gale force east to northeast winds are expected ahead and north
Of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, LaHave Bank and West Scotian
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: