Issued 03:00 AM AST 04 March 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 20 to 25 knots backing to west 25 to 30 this afternoon then veering to northwest 20 to 25 after midnight. Wind northwest 20 to 25 Friday.
Flurries overnight and Friday. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Friday.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 4 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 3 March 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4651N 6018W to 4701N 6014W
to 4801N 6117W to 4801N 6258W to 5043N 5746W to Newfoundland near
4838N 5906W. Sea ice southwest then northwest then east of the ice
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 4 March 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. AST today low 968 mb located over central Labrador.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Friday low 979 mb located over central Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:46 AM AST 4 March 2021 A low pressure system over Labrador will slowly weaken as it meanders
over that region for the next few days. Strong to gale force
westerlies will slowly diminish through the forecast period as a
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou, and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan, Cabot
Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Northumberland Strait, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: