Issued 08:00 PM AST 15 December 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northerly 15 knots veering to easterly 10 to 15 Sunday morning then increasing to east 20 Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 15 December 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4615N 6115W to 4705N
6400W to 4850N 6350W to 4925N 6515W to 4935N 6640W to 4955N 6605W to
4845N 6155W to 5115N 5740W to Newfoundland near 5025N 5725W. Sea ice
west and north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 4745N 6130W to 4715N 6215W to 4705N
6155W to 4735N 6110W to 4745N 6130W. Sea ice within the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 15 December 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located over southern Ontario.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Sunday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:43 PM AST 15 December 2018 A trough of low pressure east of the marine district will continue to
pull away this evening. Strong to gale force northwesterlies are
expected for eastern waters in the wake of the trough.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan - northeastern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf
Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: