Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 June 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southwest 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 26 May 2018
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 June 2018
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 June 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing cold front located over
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:59 PM ADT 19 June 2018 A cold front over Laurentian Fan will depart the region tonight.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies ahead of the cold front shift to
moderate to strong northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: