Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 March 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 25 to 30 knots and locally gusts to 35 along the coast late this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 late overnight and to northwest 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
A few flurries ending Tuesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 March 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4520N 6100W to 4510N 6005W
to 4550N 5815W to 4655N 5755W to Newfoundland near 4730N 5610W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the western Marine
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located southwest of the Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located on a line east-west over
the southern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 20 March 2018 A quasi-stationary low pressure system northeast of the district will
maintain strong west to northwesterlies over the region until a ridge
of high pressure builds in overnight. Freezing spray over northern
waters will subside this evening.
A trough of low pressure will approach the Maritimes from the
southwest on Wednesday. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds
north of the trough will spread to most of the district by Thursday
morning and switch to strong to gale force southwesterly winds in its
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
marine waters except for Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti. Freezing spray warnings are
in effect for and all Gulf of St. Lawrence waters.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: