Issued 08:00 PM AST 22 February 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 late overnight and to light Saturday evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 22 February 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W to Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4445N
6220W to 4405N 6055W to 4450N 5910W to 4430N 5810W to 4515N 5705W to
4720N 5850W to 4635N 5620W to 4630N 5530W then eastward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Open water 2 tenths grey ice in some bays.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 22 February 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM AST 22 February 2019 A cold airmass and strong northwesterly winds will cause freezing
spray over areas of open water in the northeastern section of the
marine district throughout the forecast period.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait,
Gulf Magdalen - northeastern half, and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: