Issued 10:00 AM AST 17 February 2019
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 early this evening and to light late this evening. Wind increasing to east 10 to 15 Monday afternoon then backing to northeast 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Snow beginning early Monday morning and ending Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 February 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4510N 6610W Nova
Scotia near 4440N 6550W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4400N 6440W to 4500N
6130W to 4455N 5830W to 4540N 5725W to 4720N 5925W to Newfoundland
near 4720N 5515W. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water 2 tenths grey ice in some bays.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM AST 17 February 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:00 a.m. AST today quasi-stationary low located over Labrador
At 10:00 a.m. AST Monday low 1007 mb located southwest of Georges
By 8:00 p.m. AST Monday low 998 mb located south of East Scotian
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM AST 17 February 2019 A low pressure system will remain stalled over the Labrador Sea today
and Monday. Strong to gale force northwest winds and falling
temperatures will persist in the wake of this low both days.
Another low is expected to pass south of the region later in the day
Monday with strong to possibly gale force northeasterly winds
spreading across the slope waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen-northeastern half and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Grand-Manan, eastern shore-eastern half, Fourchu,
Banquereau-northern half, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen-northeastern
half and Anticosti.
St. Lawrence - St. Lawrence River Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Beauport to L'Isle-aux-Coudres
- Browns Bank
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Cornwall to Montréal
- Donnacona to Beauport
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Kingston to Cornwall
- Lake Memphrémagog - northern half
- Lake Nipissing
- Lake Saint-Jean
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Montréal to Trois-Rivières
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Richelieu River and Northern Lake Champlain
- Saguenay to Tadoussac
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- Trois-Rivières to Donnacona
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: